Hi! Welcome to the team! Or, if you're just a spectator reading this, welcome to this small article thingy! First
things first. Don't screw up. NEVER, EVER, EVER screw up. Lets go over the rules that you shouldn't ever break.
- Do not break any global rules, obviously.
Do not let someone you don't trust play on your account. Anything they do will be reflected on you.
- Do not complain about a demotion/firing. You caused it.
- Do not change a persons group,, to a group you do not have permission over.
- Do not go inactive without notice.10. Respond to someone who is requesting help.
- Change a person's group when you accept their application.
Those are some rules a trial-moderator has to follow. If you break one of them, you have 56% of still suceeding as a moderator. Here are some of my own rules that I personally think gets you at a higher chance of being a moderator PLUS being respected in the Terra Nova Community.
- Be nice to guests, be friendly to them and show them around.Edit
- Answer questions, and if you don't know it, suggest that you talk to someone who's rank is higher than you.Edit
- Don't be unfair or bossy. This causes your respect to go down.Edit
- Never play the blame game. Stop pointing fingers and point out evidence.Edit
- Don't throw random anger at someone. No matter how angry you are, try to control it and just say you're having a hard day.Edit
Here are some punishments if you break the server/website rules. These apply to all ranks, including staff.
Griefing1 - Permanent Ban
Hacking1 - Permanent Ban
Server Spam - Mute. Continuous violations will result in a kick or temporary ban.
Website Spam - All posts cleared and possible website ban.
Server Profanity - Mute and possible kick. Continuous violations may result in a temporary ban.
Website Profanity - Post removed. Continuous violations will result in a website ban.
Punishments will vary for Staff. This includes Suspension and/or Demotion.
If you follow these tips/rules well and even more, better, you could get a promising chance of becoming a trusted, respected, and experienced moderator in the Terra Nova Community!